Loved this novella. It had all the action and emotions as a full length book. I was completely sucked in and never wanted it to end.
This book started out INTENSE. I mean gut twisting, deep breathing kind of intense. Horrific. But there’s always a light at the end of every tunnel, if you can just hold on and keep moving forward. That’s exactly what Rosie did. She made a bad call, but for the best reason, and it about cost her everything. I’m so glad Snapper took it upon himself to keep an eye out and help her.
This was a quick romance that was brewing for a while. I liked that. She wasn’t quick to accept it and I think that was the right thing for her. She had a lot of healing to get through before she could move on to find her happiness.
And of course Chaos isn’t always the calmest of people, so there’s always drama and excitement happening. Which is probably why I’m gonna need the next book pretty darn fast.
This novella is a continuation of the Chaos books and if you like MC books as much as I do, then you’ll definitely want to start from the beginning. Kristen Ashley knows how to write series that you don’t mind getting sucked into. They’re addicting and very exciting.
Grab Rough Ride http://amzn.to/2F9SJry
It feels like it’s been so long since I’ve been in the Reapers’ world. I’ve missed them. I was super excited when I heard that Joanna was contributing to the 1001 Nights series with a short story. This is a fun series. You get a snippet from so many authors and then get to decide if you want to jump into their worlds.
Now on to Shade’s story. He’s the national president of the Reapers. So that means he can get any girl any time he wants. He’s always on the go, so he really doesn’t have time for a relationship. So one night stands are his life. So when Mandy caught his eye he thought that’s all he would need to get her out of his mind. Boy was he wrong.
Mandy works at a local bar where the Reapers frequently visit. So she knows who there are. She’s used to being around bikers, since her boyfriend belongs to a club. But there’s something about Shade that makes her nervous. When her boyfriend makes an absolute idiotic choice, Mandy is caught in the mix and her life is turned upside down.
I love their chemistry. It was electrical, right from the start. Explosive even. But Mandy is still nervous to open her heart again. She is focused on helping her sister and doesn’t have time to get caught up in another possible heartbreaking relationship. But her heart doesn’t always listen to her head. They try to keep it easy, but it ends up being way more than a simple one night stand. In fact, it’s probably the longest one night stand in history.
So much fun! I wish I was a part of the Reapers family.
Buy Shade’s Lady HERE
Prior to this one, the only Kristen Ashley book that I have read was Motorcycle Man. I was curious about Shy & Tabby, which prompted me to request this book.
What I liked about this book:
1) No rambling sentences that inhibited my ability to understand what was going. Thank you, KA’s editor!
2) The romance between Shy & Tabby after they declared their love for each other. For me, the book really took off at this point. You just knew no matter what happened, they had each other. There was a great combination of sweet & sexy moments.
3) The way Shy & Tabby handled the club’s reaction to them. Also, when Shy had an opportunity to be promoted in Chaos, I liked the choice he made and his decision behind it.
What I didn’t like:
1) The time jumps in the beginning. It hindered my ability to connect w/ Shy & Tabby.
2) I wanted to see more of the development of them being friends.
3) The liberal use of the word “bitch.” It was used 60 times, as an adjective, a verb & a noun.
4) Tyra was also called Ty-Ty & Cherry. Sometimes she was called two of those names in the same paragraph. It became confusing.
Overall, I enjoyed this book. I think it’s helpful that you read Motorcycle Man, but I think there’s enough information given to read this book as a standalone. The paperback is less than $6. The Kindle book is less than $4. It’s worth the risk to venture into this motorcycle club.
Buy It Now Own the Wind: A Chaos Novel